Hanna has started getting in her adult teeth but her baby teeth don't really seem to be falling out so they are starting to rot and her mouth looks pretty gross and crowded. When I can get a look at her mouth that is...she has always been a little weird about letting me look at her teeth but since she started teething it has gotten even worse. K and I have been working on trying to get her more comfortable with us touching her mouth but she has a long way to go.
Anyways, I know shih tzu's can have teeth issues, so it will most likely take a long time before all the baby teeth come out. We give her a lot of chew toys and even freeze some so she doesn't seem to be in much pain but her breath is sooooo disgusting right now! Seriously...it smells like a sewer. It's nothing like regular dog breath at all.
I saw online that rotting baby teeth can cause this, but do any of you dog owners have any advice on how to make her breath smell better? Or any other teething tips?
Thanks in advance!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm not sure how to get rid of their breath because my dogs STILL get it! It won't ever get better with all that licking/cleaning of themselves that they do! lol.I would talk to your vet about that one...One of my dogs never lost his baby teeth so he may need to have them extracted soon, i'm so worried! :( Keep us posted!
hmm, Pancake is a shih tzu but she has almost no teeth so we don't have to worry about it :) hehe. Why don't you ask the vet? Or check out a puppy forum? Those people know a lot! Whenever I have problms with Pancake I go here:
http://www.dogforums.com/
:) Good luck!
Post a Comment