The anonymous, mean spirited, critical commenter.
You know the one. You have probably been visited by them.
But until tonight, I hadn't been. Probably because not many people read this blog.
Now I don't claim to always write about wonderful, profound things. In fact a lot of my posts are about nothing. I just write this blog for me to get out whatever is in my head. I try and stay true to myself and I'm not always nice or perfectly politically correct. I'm just Courtney.
So if any of you, and by you I mean the people who read and comment of my blog and I have come to consider friends, were offended by this post on Friday...I'm sorry. I was having a bad day and not in the best mood. Maybe I should have thought about some of my choices of words...maybe I shouldn't have. Who knows. Who cares really?
I have a point here about these anonymous comments.
Those of us who blog put ourselves out there for the world to see and judge. That's our choice and there are going to be those who don't always agree or like what we have to say. But why hide behind anonymous? We are all just being ourselves here...why don't you do that too?

14 comments:
While I was not offended in the slightest bit by your post.... I have been known to talk to people while peeing. However not if I knew someone else had entered the bathroom. The other ones especially the mumbling are not cool. :) I think there's always going to be people that disagree, or really don't care what the opinion is. I think they get some sort of sick pleasure out of the disagreement. I know it sounds crazy, but why else would you comment anonymously and rudely.
I love reading your blog and commenting back and forth, so keep it up.
And to the cowardly lion... why the anonymity? We've all got our quirks please accept ours and we'll be nice enough to accept yours if your brave enough to put it out there for the whole world to read. :)
I think it is ridiculous to post negative comments as an anonymous poster. Quit being a weenie. If I have an issue with something posted I would have the nerve to at least discuss it! What in the world?
Love your blog. I think it is great and real which I appreciate.
You've come into your own. You're big time now, Cee. ;)
That annon commenter was so ridiculous! Seriously, there wasn't anything offensive in that post...it was funny!! I've noticed people talking more in public restrooms in stores and restaurants lately....FREAKS me OUT! The only time anyone needs to be shouting over the stall walls is if it is a little kid asking their mom and question, and even then only if absolutely necessary!
I was at a restaurant bathroom recently waiting in line and the woman behind me started making small talk (which I found uncomfortable)and then when a stall became open and it was my turn to go in...she continued to talk to me while I was in there...during her sentence she went into her own stall.....I peed faster than I ever had, washed my hands as fast as possible, didn't take the time to dry and ran out of there (with her still talking to me!) It was the strangest thing ever!!
People...if you aren't willing to put your name on your words...then I'm not willing to read them!
Checkin' your site out from Salt Says. I'm lovin it.
With the whole anonymous commenter, I don't really understand why people have to share their bitterness but I also say, you haven't truly become successful until someone hates you... so congratulations.
But I will confess, if a friend of mine is in the bathroom with me... I'm a bathroom talker. But should we ever be in the same bathroom together you can just tell me to shut up... I won't be offended... but just in my defense, I met my best friend in a bathroom... just saying... that sounds really weird... oh well... don't judge.
I just wrote a whole post about this! Anon commenters are the worst, and this one was particularly douchey.
I cant believe I am saying this, but I always thought You are a REAL blogger when you get a mean comment or an anon commnent (a real anon comment-not just spam selling something)...so I am slightly envious because I have NEVER gotten a mean or legit anon comment.
I just read the last post. When I worked at my old firm, we had an in house mail room company...and while I got along with most of them quite well, there were some iffy ones. ONe got fired for selling our office supplies on EBAY with his work mail. duh.
bathrooms are for potty only, but I have def been one to chat with a friend while in there before...I can't lie :)
Actually quite the opposite about your post on Friday. I very much agreed with everything that you said. So I can only assume that the person who left you a nasty comment is a serial crapper on the phone.
I mean, why else would they be so offended?
PS. Yep...you've definitely hit the big time when you get your first anonymous jerk!!
This wasn't offensive at all. I don't understand the anonymous comment thing. The whole point of a blog is to share one's opinions. Luckily I have yet to receive the anonymous rude comment (fingers crossed it stays that way). You keep on going girl, I love your blog and all you have to say.
I guess they're just scared that if they have blogs that people are going to go back to THEIR blogs and hate-comment them. It's petty and it sucks, but hey--there are creeps out there on the Internets. Don't let them get you down. And hey, at least it's not spam!
I'll never understand whey they're ALWAYS anonymous. Man up and put your name too if you're gonna say something nasty. So silly!
That was not an offesive post at all and I'm surprised someone got offended by it!
I have gotten a few rude anon comments in the past. That is why I now moderate my comments before they are posted. Why can't people just play nice... especially on such a non-controversial issue!
Ha, but it was a little funny that they called you out for being a bathroom snob! ;)
oh THANK YOU so much for posting this! i wanted to write something like this but you said it perfectly for me. i had my first anonymous poster a couple weeks ago on my rugby/anorexic chick post and wtf its my opinion and my blog ok? saywhat you want but dont be anonymous?? anyway, haven't posted since that one until today, been kinda disgruntled about being called all sorts of things including vain. over it now, though, and really appreciate you posting this. couldn't agree more C!!! rock on sister
Post a Comment