I was not too impressed with the OC "Real Housewives" this season...to be honest I found them to be a bit boring. I have high hopes for the NYC gals, and watched the season premier last night (I couldn't stay up till midnight to watch it on Tuesday.) Going into the second season I thought I would share my thoughts on the housewives...Bethenny Frankel...is by far my favorite "housewife" in any of the three locations. She isn't technically a housewife, but oh well. I think Bethenny has a great sense of humor and seems not to take herself too seriously. Her blog about the "Real Housewives of Orange County"was awesome and very witty. I think I will have to buy her new book when it comes out.
Luann de Lesseps...snob. I went back and forth about her last season. I appreciate her trying to bring back good manners but I still can't get over her scolding my girl Bethenny when she introduced her to the driver as "Luann." Then she has the audacity to say that "the worst thing is people thinking then are better then other people." Hello hypocritical! Get over yourself Countess.
Jill Zarin...overall I like her. Sure, she is a gossip but she knows it as do her friends..and they love her for it. She says things she probably shouldn't but owns up to it when she hurts someone. I like people who can laugh at themselves, which Jill can and does.
Ramona Singer...might be out of her mind. Seriously. Has anyone else noticed the constant crazy look in her eyes? I thought she was going to attack poor Kelly at Jill's fundraiser. I like her husband, Mario, and her daughter, Avery, seems very mature and well mannered. Not sure how they put up with Ramona. Compared to last season she was pretty low-key in the premier but I'm sure she will stirring things up soon.
Alex McCord...and Simon, her sidekick...I could probably have a whole blog devoted to those two. I have never seen two people more desperate to be famous. They sure are entertaining, I'll give them that. I can't wait to see the shenanigans they will get into this season...although I wouldn't mind missing out on more images of Simon in a banana-hammock and Alex in a thong bikini. My eyes are still burning.
Kelly Killoren Bensimon...the new girl. My first impression was OMG she was married to one of the prizes of "America's Next Top Model"...Gil Bensimon (I have watched wayyy too many marathons of ANTM over the years.) She does seem to be a little out of the league of the other ladies...I think that is what Bethenny meant by saying she was in the "fabulosity crew." The social climbers, Alex and Simon, are going to be on her like white on rice.

2 comments:
I agree with your insights 100%!!! I look forward to this seasons shows and hope they won't disappoint.
Oh I don't think they will disappoint! ;)
Post a Comment