Monday, March 15, 2010

hanna's birthday party (and the rest of the weekend)

This weekend was a lot of fun. Friday I called out of work (I actually did today too...I'm a slacker I know...but I need to use up my days) and K and I met up with some family friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant. After being lazy most of the morning and running some errands in the afternoon of course. My parents were out of town so we stayed over at their house. The next morning was my Broadway Babies show. The show went well and I am happy it's over for now, I don't think I will be able to do the next session but I may do it again in the fall. Then we met up with our friends B and M to see "Alice in Wonderland" and went out to dinner. The movie was really good, we saw it in IMAX 3-d which was pretty cool.

Sunday we cleaned and cooked all day for Hanna's 1st Birthday party, which was basically just my parents and brother coming over for dinner but I have to say...I got a little into it.

The birthday girl, who is desperate need of a haircut.






I made K stop at Party City on the way home from the grocery store.



The birthday dog cake, dog owners let me know if you want the recipe. Hanna and Gryffin (my parent's dog) both loved it.

Our family.

Hanna enjoying her cake.

We were being a little silly after the party.

10 comments:

A style blog said...

This is too cute! I throw James birthday parties too! I can't believe your baby is already 1 year old!

Time flies.

Salt said...

Awww too adorable! Happy birthday, Hanna!! She is such a cutie and what a great excuse to throw a dinner party. :)

Jamie said...

That's so sweet that you gave her a party :) She is SO cute!!

Caroline said...

Oh, I am so excited to know that I am not the only person who had a birthday party for their furry child. Looks like Hanna had a fun party. Happy Birthday, Hanna!

Ashley said...

OH my gosh! Doggy cake! I want the recipe! :)
How cute that you got into it!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Such a lucky little fur baby. Happy happy bday to the pretty lady!

courtney said...

Here is the recipe I used! I found it a bunch of places on the internet when I googled dog cake.

Peanut Butter Carrot Cake

1 cup flour
1tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round
cake pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender
for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots. (I didn't decorate it but I did use cottage cheese for icing)

Tracie Nall said...

Okay...she is so stinkin' cute!!! Happy Birthday Hanna...it looks like you had a blast!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

So cute!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who celebrates puppy b-days with a party!!

Chelsea said...

Cute necklace!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com