Thursday, April 2, 2009

Puppy History or Pup-story if you will

I so excited about going to see the puppies on Saturday, since I have puppies on the brain and will be posting more about my soon to be puppy I thought I would blog a bit on how I got to this point.

One of the things I was most excited about being able to do when I got out of college was get a puppy and I wanted to get something small, cute, and girly. My family had dogs...chows specifically...the whole time I was growing up. The first was Sasha, who my mom got when she was just out of college. Sasha was a great dog but I can only remember her being old. She died on Thanksgiving when I was in fourth grade and then we got another chow named Cheva. Cheva was a very funny dog, she was almost like a cat, she loved drinking milk and eating food off of forks.



This is her, when she was getting old. Probably not the best picture but you get the point. She died when I was a senior in college and my whole family was really devastated. Especially my dad, I don't think I have ever seen him so upset. My parents announced that they were not getting a new dog because they didn't want to be tied down and they "wanted new carpet." My brother, sister and I tried to convince them otherwise but it didn't work. We gave up on them getting a dog and I started to try and figure out what kind of dog I would get.

My mom was very enthusiastic about me getting a puppy, I thought she secretly wanted one herself, we would always look together and discovered shichons. They are so cute and don't shed which is good because sometimes certain dogs bother my allergies. My mom kept pressuring me to get one, but K and I planned to wait until this spring or summer, after he finished his first year of law school.

This fall my mom decided to surprise everyone (except me I knew, but boy, was my dad shocked) by getting a shichon puppy. His full name is Godric Gryffindor aka Gryffin (we are a family of Harry Potter fans.)



This is my little puppy brother on his first day home, he is much larger now (13 pounds) and is super lovable.


So that is my pup-story, we will be looking at five girl puppies on Saturday and hopefully picking one out! More to come!

1 comments:

jessica said...

What cute dogs!!! I'm so excited to see your new puppy! Makes me want another one (for just a second or so. LOL)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com