My mom has always said how much she loves Brussels sprouts but she never really cooked them for us growing up. I guess she assumed we would hate them and it was easier to make vegetables with more positive reputations. Several seasons of "Top Chef" have made me much more open minded about food and I love cooking new things, so I picked up some Brussels sprouts at Trader Joe's on Sunday. Then I started looking for recipes and decided to try out this one for roasted Brussels sprouts from The Barefoot Contessa. The sprouts turned out great, crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. I followed the recipe but you could totally add some other seasonings. They make a great side dish, and much healthier then fries!Here is how to make them, it is very simple:
1) Heat oven to 400.
2)Cut off brown ends and remove any yucky looking outside leaves from the sprouts. Then put them in a bowl.
3) Drizzle with olive oil and and add salt and pepper (or any other seasonings) then stir to coat the sprouts.
4)Pour onto a pan.
5) Cook for about 40 minutes, shake pan every 15 minutes to brown evenly. They should end up browned on the outside. The picture above is from the recipe but mine looked almost the same!
6) Enjoy right away!

3 comments:
These look good! I'm not usually a brussel sprouts person, but these look pretty tasty :)
I adore brussel sprouts and must try out this recipe asap!!! : )
I loathed brussel sprouts when I was little, but these look pretty good...maybe I will try them tonight :)
Post a Comment