Monday, November 23, 2009

the weekend ended with a surprise

Saturday was a very nice day. K and I dropped Hanna off at my parents and headed over to movies to see "New Moon." I actually thought it was really good but I could see how if you didn't know the story it might be slow at times. It was also hilarious to hear 12 year olds scream every time Jacob Black appeared sans shirt.


Sunday my sister came home from college so I went to get her at the airport then hung out with my family during the day while K studied for finals. I was planning on staying for dinner but decided to head home to relax and clean up around the house a little bit.



That is when the surprise happened.



But first...a little back story.



As I mentioned last week, Friday was my friend L's last day at work as well as a couple of other people so there was this big happy hour at the Outback Steakhouse (classy, I know.) I was not planning on staying long but as I got there people were all buying L shots and she was talking about how she had to drive home (she lives about 35 minutes away and I live only about 2 minutes from the Outback.) As she was getting a bit tipsy I offered up sleeping over at my place as an option. She agreed and I figured that since I had to wait with her anyways...why not just keep drinking? Which is what we did...until about 11 pm when I called K to come rescue us.

We got home and K made up our futon in the office for L to sleep on...and she passed out in her work clothes. At around 6:30 she woke us up and asked if we could take her to go get her car. She did seem in a hurry to leave but I figured she was just concerned about her husband worrying and that she was uncomfortable from being in her work clothes all night.

That morning I noticed Hanna kept going in and playing around on the futon, she like to "dig" on blankets, so I didn't take the sheets off. We didn't notice anything strange in that room...in fact K did homework in there on Sunday. Then when I got home from my parents and we were cleaning up he went into the office to take off the sheets. All I heard him say was "Oh my God."

There was a huge dried pee stain on the futon. I guess that's why L was in such a hurry to leave and why Hanna was playing in there (gross puppy.)

Fortunately, the damage doesn't seem to be too bad but it is so awkward. She is not a close enough friend for me to call her out about it (nor do I anticipate seeing her much to ever in the future) but I wish she had told us right away so we could clean it while it was...fresh.

If you were in my place...would you tell her? She had to have noticed when she woke up. And why do people pee when they get drunk? I have never done that and I have been drunk many, many times. So nasty.

8 comments:

bride4life said...

Were her clothes stinky? Is there pee on your car seat from driving her back?

I wouldn't do anything. I would just clean it up and let it go. I wouldn't call and tell her. She is probably embarrassed enough.

Anonymous said...

ewww!!! Is there any possible way hanna could have done it? But I mean with her wanting to leave so quickly and stuff... hmm, that is a tough call!!

Caroline said...

Ahhh! Did you remember the story about the person that peed on my dining room chair over tx ou wknd?!? Same tale different blog...still so gross though! I recommend soapy water and baking soda to dry up the water and get rid of the smell! ;)

courtney said...

Caroline---yea why do some drunk people pee? I just don't get it!!!

Bride4life---it was K's car...I should tell him to sniff the backseat haha

Unknown said...

I wouldn't say anything... surely she's mortified enough as is. I'd be horrified if I had an accident! Maybe she was just so embarrassed she couldn't bring herself to tell you. However, I think that's kinda crappy on her part, leaving something that would obviously stink up the place.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ick ick ick. That sucks! She probably didn't tell you because you aren't close. How embarrassing.

Llama said...

HAHAAH! EWWW! That just sucks.lol.
I loved New Moon too...although the 12 yr olds were getting on my nerves because they were screaming louder than us. HAHA! Cmon you need to be at least a little older to appreciate that beauty... like 28 perhaps HAHAHAH!

G said...

Is it just me or does dried pee smell like Life cereal?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com